Are you an Australian citizen with a valid right to work and also someone who values and keeps their word?
If you can talk fermentation, are fit, strong, know how to use a knife, have a clean drivers licence and can work flexible (intermittent hours), have an interest and knowledge of food handling and production, this could be the job for you!
Food By Holly Davis make a delicious range of fermented products, which are sold in Farmers Markets. We do so consciously with a great deal of care, to create consistent products our customers will return for. We have a following of loyal customers who delight in our live, vibrant probiotic products.
Our production kitchen is based in Terrey Hills, market locations are in North and Inner Western Sydney. We’re looking for someone with at least 12 months experience in food production to join our team on a casual basis.
Responsibilities and desired experience to ensure we produce consistent product in every jar.
- Have some knowledge and an active interest in fermentation & are willing to learn more
- You have a food safety certificate or are willing to get one before you start work
- Hand & machine chop vegetables, package and label products in 30L batches for fermentation
- Pack ferments into jars, clean and box for refrigeration and transport
- Daily wash up, clean down and inventory management
- Thorough attention to detail, self-starter who enjoys people
- Excellent awareness and knowledge of kitchen hygiene to maximise food safety requirements and can work covid safe
- On market Saturdays you will be responsible to collect and transport everything needed and set up the stall, sell to the public, keep account of sales (all online) pack up and return product to the kitchen, these days are early starts and you will be counted on to be on time.
Our hours are flexible, production days are 8hours and market days are 7hrs +.
Typically you will need to commit to 2 market days and 2 chopping days work a month.